I really should be packing. Like REALLY should be packing. Tomorrow I head home for the shower in New Jersey. I’m super excited to see a lot of people I haven’t seen in a long time. My mom has put a lot of time and effort into this, and I really really appreciate it.
THANK YOU MOM!!
However, I figured I’d share a fun pizza recipe with you before the weekend. Ben and I made this on Monday night for dinner, and I’ve been craving leftovers ever since! No photos, cause you know I get excited and just eat my food opposed to taking pictures of it (bad blogger).
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Recipe by: ME!
- pizza dough (we buy raw dough in a bag from Harris Teeter that works quite well)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 20 pieces of shrimp, cooked and tailed removed (medium size)
- 1 bag of pre-shredded mozza cheese (sure, you can shred yourself with fresh and I’m sure that would be fantastic; however, pre-shredded was what we had in our fridge)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- teaspoon (ish) of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, warm olive oil
- Once warm, add the garlic and allow it to simmer
- While simmering, roll out the pizza dough into whatever shape you prefer your pizza. Ours was rectangle, just because that was the shape of our pan
- Once the garlic and oil have simmered for a bit (you don’t want the garlic to be quite browned yet), remove from heat and add in the shrimp and parsley. Mix until all the shrimp is well coated and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and set aside. Brush a light layer of the oil/garlic/parsley onto the dough.
- Add a very fine layer of cheese
- Add the shrimp to the pizza
- Cover the pizza with desired amount of cheese. We ended up using 3/4 of the bag.
- Lightly drizzle a bit of the leftover oil/garlic/parsley over the pizza.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook at 350 until the crust is cooked and the cheese is browned.
I love shrimp on pizza, when done right. I’ve also had some places do it terribly. What are you favorite pizza toppings?